HDC Terms and conditions
- Fees are payable half termly and are due no later than your child’s first class of each new half term. (Unless you have a prior written agreement with HDC)
- If fees are not paid on time a written reminder will be sent and you will incur a £5 administration charge. No further attendance to class will be permitted until the child’s fees have been received.
- Fees are based on how many weeks in each half term, which can be found on the timetable.
- HDC will send out invoices within the last two weeks of the previous half term for the upcoming term. The preferred method of payment is by bank transfer using student name as reference.
Sort Code: 40 19 23
Account number: 21576933
- Cash payments must be in a sealed envelope with child’s name and amount clearly written on the envelope, loose cash will not be accepted. Please write students name on the back of Cheque - written out to Heather’s Dance Company.
- Receipts will only be provided once payment has been made.
- Fees are subject to change and HDC will notify you in advance of any increase in fees.
- No refunds will be given if your child misses a class this includes private lessons.
- Half a term’s written notice to Miss Heather is required for any pupil wishing to discontinue any class or leave the school. If the required notice is not received, the full payment of the pupil’s fees for the following half term will be due. Verbal notice to the Principle or teacher will not be accepted.
- Should any pupil wish to discontinue any class or leave the school, refunds for any unused classes will not be given.
- Prior permission must be sought from any pupil wishing to participate in any amateur or professional productions, festivals and competitions independent to HDC.
- Pupils must not use any choreography learnt at HDC for any events outside HDC without written permission from Miss Heather.
- Pupils and parents may not discuss choreography and ideas with other local dance schools.
- Please inform Miss Heather if your child attends classes at another dance school along with HDC classes to discuss.
- The full and correct uniform must be worn at all classes and rehearsals. Hair must be in the correct style and pupils may be refused entry to class if hair is not correctly styled and the correct uniform is not worn.
- Jewellery must not be worn during classes.
- Dance shoes must not be worn outside.
- Students are representing HDC at all times when they are in the uniform and must behave professionally.
- HDC is a professional dance school and welcomes all abilities, believing in learning dance just for fun and also challenging those pupils who wish to excel to a high standard, by learning correct technique in a fun yet disciplined dance environment.
- Enjoyment is our main priority.
- We have an anti bullying policy, if bullying is taking place and is not rectified, students will be asked to leave the school.
- Students and teachers must treat each other with respect.
- Discipline in dance classes is required to help prevent injuries, stay focused, to learn safe technique and for children to reach their full potential.
- No Chewing Gum is allowed at HDC venues.
- No Smoking at any time or location in HDC clothing .
- When using social media all students are expected to act appropriately and sensibly with polite etiquette. Students should ensure they uphold the reputation of HDC.
- Any disruptive behaviour, either in class or in the waiting areas will not be tolerated. Miss Heather has the right to ask pupils to leave the class at any time if she feels that their behaviour is inappropriate or spoiling other pupil’s enjoyment.
- Attendance at class is important - all dancers should attend all of their lessons to acquire knowledge of steps & technique and to develop as a dancer. Poor attendance and continued lateness will not be accepted.
- Pupils are expected to arrive on time.
- Children should be ready to start class when entering the dance space.
- All rehearsals/extra lessons for performances must be attended in order for participation to be permitted. Students who miss rehearsals without prior agreement or informing the principle may loose their place/ role in the event. No refunds will be given.
- If you change your mind about performing in an event no refunds will be given.
- HDC work towards ISTD exams. Pupils will only be entered when they have reached the required standard decided by the teacher.
- Pupils taking exams will be required to attend compulsory exam coaching classes before the exam takes place. Parents will be notified at the appropriate time.
- HDC has the right to withdraw any pupil from an examination at any stage.
- Fees for exams must be returned by the deadline on the form. Late fees will incur a £5.00 charge
- Failure to respond to email deadlines for confirming your child's participation for exams may result in your child not being entered for that exam.
- In the event of bad weather, the School will do everything possible to ensure that classes are not disrupted. However, if classes do have to be cancelled, fees will not be refunded, but students will be able to come to an extra class to make up for lessons lost.
General and Safety
- Please ensure that your child goes to the toilet before class and brings a bottle of water to the class.
- HDC does not accept any responsibility for any loss or damage to property left on the premises.
- We ask you to bring and collect your child promptly and provide us with written details of changes in drop off/pick up arrangements or if you wish you child to leave unsupervised.
- When arriving at the hall always ensure that a teacher is present in the classroom
- Teachers are only responsible for a student once they are in their class room, teachers are not responsible for any students waiting outside of the class.
- If a parent is not there on time the pupil must return to the classroom - All pupils must be aware of this.
- No fizzy drinks are permitted.
- The school reserves the right to change timetables, staff, and watching days if it is felt necessary.
Code of conduct and safety guarding
- These policies are available on request.
Data Protection- GDPR
- Pupils details will be kept in keeping wth the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
- Please ensure that HDC receives any changes to pupil’s contact details in writing.
- HDC are requested to provide this data to Kent County Council & other performing council areas.
- HDC shares relevant data with ISTD for examination purposes.
- Competition teams relevant data will be shared with the competitions that they are attending.
- When you signed the registration form you gave permission on how we can contact you, you have the right to amend this at anytime by contacting HDC.
- HDC use Dance Biz to store pupils information, which is a management tool used by hundreds of dance schools to more effectively and efficiently run their businesses.
- Dance Biz are partners with a company called Spreedly. This is a Level 1 Service Provider that has the highest level of PCI DSS Compliance. ThinkSmart Software . It is also registered under the Data Protection Act, within the ICO everything is fully protected and secure.
- Classes are not to be watched by parents/guardians, with the exception of watching days or at the discretion of the principle.
- Parents/guardians are invited to watch classes during watching week, which is generally held at the end of each term. HDC reserves the right to cancel watching week. Filming and photography are allowed at the discretion of the teacher during watching week. Videos of the lessons are not allowed to be posted on social media.
Contact between teacher and student
- Dance requires an element of touch for safe learning of technique and to prevent injury, this will always be carried out in a respectful, appropriate and professional manner. This includes holding hands and correcting body positions to ensure correct technique and prevent injury.
- In Arco there will be more lifting and physical contact, to enable the pupil’s learning, the dance teacher will need to use a more hands on approach.
Photos and Videos
- When you filled out the registration form, you were asked to actively consent to your child being photographed or video recorded. If consent was given, HDC has permission to use photographs and video recordings from time to time for advertising and promotion. This includes HDC website and all social media.
- HDC take complaints very seriously, any complaints must be in a written form to the principle.
- HDC teachers and staff will not accept any verbal/physical abuse or confrontation from students/parents/guardians.
- Appointments will be scheduled to discuss any issues/ complaints.
- Teachers must not be confronted during or between lesson times.
- The parent or guardian is responsible for the regular updating of any medical change.
- Please inform the teacher of any injuries before class and HDC outings/events.
- Any child that requires medication to be taken in to the dance class/event must have it clearly marked with the child’s name and a parental contact details. Please hand the medication to the teacher incharge before the class or event.
- In the unlikely event of an emergency resulting in a student having to be taken into hospital, every effort will be made to contact the appropriate contact in order that the normal parental consent may be given for treatment. If parent/guardian cannot be contacted the teacher/chaperone responsible will sign any appropriate permission for medical treatment to be carried out. This applies to all HDC trips/showcases/performances as well as lesson time.
HDC reserves the right to amend or alter these terms and conditions at any time.
Pupils will be asked to leave without notice for any serious breach of the school’s terms and conditions or for any other serious misconduct.
Amended 16th March 2018